Home » » Thursday's Healthy {Insert Here} Tip!

Thursday's Healthy {Insert Here} Tip!

Written By Unknown on Thursday 4 February 2010 | 07:21

Healthy, growing nails!

In the past couple of years, I've become infamous (yes, infamous) in my family for having long, growing nails. I've also gotten a few comments in fotkiland, which have been positive. For today's Thursday's Healthy {Insert Here} Tip, I thought I'd share how I achieve maximal length nails.

1. Stop washing the dishes.
This was by accident, actually. I moved to a place that has a dishwasher, so my years of washing dishes ceased. Around that time is when I noticed an improvement in my nail health, growth, and length retention. It makes sense since constant wetting of the nails can lead to weakening. If you don't have a dishwasher, I recommend purchasing rubber gloves to protect your nails as you wash. Also, when cleaning other parts of the house (tub, sink, etc.), wear these gloves as well.

2. Moisturize regularly.
I carry a travel-size lotion in my purse at all times. If my hands feel dry, I moisturize. After washing them in a public restroom, I moisturize.

3. Eat healthy.
Nails consist of keratin. Keratin is built from amino acids. Amino acids come from protein. Be sure to consume sufficient protein. Nails supposedly also benefit from calcium. I will note that I drink more milk these days than I did in the past.

4. Wear nail polish sparingly.
My nails have also improved from wearing nail polish less frequently. (Acetone-based nail polish removers can be drying and lead to brittleness.)

These are the steps that have helped me the most. Of course, there are numerous other tips, but hopefully this is a good start.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Passion for Healthy - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger